3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

How to Create Your First Album

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: How to Create Your First Album Reply with quote

You bought a copy of 3D-Album, and now you want to create your first album. So, how do you do it, and where do you start? And, when you're done, how do you share it with your friends?

I like to say that it's as easy as 1-2-3 1. USE 3D-ALBUM TO CREATE YOUR ALBUM APPLICATION.

2. CONVERT YOUR ALBUM TO A MOVIE/VIDEO FILE.

3. USE SOME 3RD PARTY DVD AUTHORING SOFTWARE TO CREATE AND BURN THE DVD.

Here's the process that we'll be following:
A. Register and Update your program
B. Prepare and Organize your photos
C. BEGIN building your first album segment
D. FINISH building your first album segment
E. Use the MIXER to combine album segments
F. Test and Make Changes
G. Create a video file from your album
H. Create a DVD using your video file
I. Problems, Tips, and Solutions

To view this free tutorial, please visit http://www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/Tutorial1.html.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages

Last edited by Bill Smith on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 66 times in total
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Excellent job as always. Thanks. New users will no doubt find your guide very helpful in shortening their learning curve.
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a pdf file that combines this tutorial and the one on burning a DVD. If you are interested in purchasing this pdf then visit www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial. It is slightly different then this user forum topic, as it is broke into 3 sections: A Beginner?s Guide (mostly matches this posting with a few changes), Problems Tips and Solutions, and Advanced techniques. It is over 30 pages long, mostly at font size 9. I also offer a CD that contains my suggestions for making a wedding DVD. For those that prefer to watch a hands on demo, I also offer How To Videos that cover creating your first album, capturing the album to a video file, and burning to a DVD for play on your TV. These videos are excellent for those wanting a fast start on using the product.

nboceanwaves
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: naming file Reply with quote

I am following the tutorial on creating my first album. I am trying to name the folders. I am trying to make a folder in "my pictures" It won't let me use a slash anywhere in the name. /
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot use "/" when you create folder names. They are used to refer to the full path name. They are a short cut way of saying start in folder parent and then go to folder child.

Let's say that you have a folder named "my vacation". While you are in that folder, you can create three sub-folders with the names "week 1", "week 2", and "week 3". (Wow - you lucky stiff - 3 weeks of vacation).

If you later want to point to one of those sub-folders, you would use the "/" to indicate the path. Assuming that "my vacation" was at the root level of your hard drive, you would be able to refer to "my vacation/week 1", "my vacation/week 2", and "my vacation/week 3".

So, you don't use the "/" to create the name, but you do use it to refer to the folder once it exists.

In my tutorial (the PREPARE step) I talk about creating an overall folder named "PROJECT", and then I say to set up individual sub-folders. You would create the folder "PICTURE_SET_01" while you are in the "PROJECT" folder. When I refer to "PROJECT/PICTURE_SET_01" I am just using a short cut way of saying PICTURE_SET_01 in PROJECT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Tips and Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: